Saturday, January 06, 2007

End of vacation

Our module three classes start coming Monday. I am looking forward to it but at the same time, I wonder when am I going to vegetate again. Past month or so has been wonderful, doing nothing. Our sections are reorganized and am going to meet 40 new people in our section. All the members of one BCAP group stay in same section and each section has 9 BCAP groups. So, we will meet on an average 6 new BCAP groups in one section.

There were a few things I wanted to do but never did. One of that was in contacting alums and meeting some people in startups exploring internship opportunities. However, I attended an info session at Liberty Mutual. There were a lot of people from DC (Georgetown). Liberty seems to have a good general management rotational program after MBA.
One complaint about the event is the exorbitant parking fee. I hoped Liberty would validate the ticket but they did not.

Finally I applied for transfer of my driving license from another state. Massachusetts is a weird state when it comes to license and auto insurance. We should present at least 4 different IDs. International students, should at least have 1 year of future legal status to apply for license. Oh yeah, transferring license from another state costs more than getting a new license. Traditional companies do not offer auto insurance here. Have to go through agents in person! Good luck if you want to get a quote online!!

No comments: