Friday, January 12, 2007

Much ado about nothing

It is funny how we have assimilated as a section with 40 new faces in less than a week is amazing. I guess, we knew lot of folks from other sections in the previous semester itself.

We get one BCAP day a week, Wednesday, to work on our consulting projects. So, once a week I can afford to wake up late.

This module is all about operations! Its about managing IT, executing marketing plans, making decisions, etc. I have a mixed feeling about this module. We have to read lengthy cases and even prepare an outline of cases to hand in for professor's evaluation. I think it is a good idea to prepare in a systematic way before the class. However, I disagree with the over emphasis of such preparation for evaluating a student. Why? Any evaluation that explicitly mandates student participation is bound to make a few people uncomfortable and make some to talk without adding much value.

We discussed about "soul of a new machine" as part of our organization design class. I shall dedicate a separate post for that topic.

No comments: