Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Communication stream and exam

Here is our schedule for this week:
Monday - Tech Briefing - Present a technical topic from one of the six streams (Data Analysis, Accounting, Economics, Marketing, Strategy or Law) and present in front of a group of 14 + a speech consultant who provides feedback on how you present.
Catch: You need to speak to an imaginary audience, assuming assuming the audience to be unaware of the topics.
You want to know what I presented? Read on.

Tuesday - final accounting class. I am going to miss this class. I never expected this class to be this interesting.

Wednesday - Send a second draft of writing assignment. Topic: You are the CEO of Whirlpool writing to the employees of the newly acquired company, MayTag, informing bad news - a plan to cut jobs during the integration process.

Thursday - Accounting Exam. Receive group exam question for Law/Strategy

Friday - Submit the exam paper

Here is the topic I presented in the tech breifing. P-Value, its meaning and uses. Audience: high school graduates planning to take some surveys for a company.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh - I did P-value, too. My plan was to spend 5 minutes repeating, "P-value is the probability of the null hypothesis - Got it?" But then I wussed out and did a real presentation. My audience was participants in an "Alternatives to Incarceration for First Time Non-Violent Offenders" program. Pretty much the same as HS kids. Did you use PPT?

Narayanan said...

Really? very interesting. I thought I was the only one choosing a topic from data analysis stream.

Yes, I prepared a PPT and showed that there is no relationship between post MBA salary and GMAT score :-)