Thursday, April 12, 2007

Election Update and preparation for second year

No surprises. I did not win. Well, I did not think I could win in the beginning. Still I joined the fray to communicate my points across. However after my successful pitches, position statement and promotion of this blog to convey my views gave me some hope. There were quite a few friends who supported my bid to contest as well.

Good learning for me from this campaign was that two minute pitches can be quite valuable to communicate one's passion. Many people came to me later and extended their support. I wanted to raise the issue of increased role of GSC. I think I succeeded in my goal.

We have several intensive tracks such as management, high tech, entrepreneurship, etc. There are information sessions run by different departments to promote their tracks. I have not attended any yet. Most likely I would take Technology Intensive Track. One does not need to participate in any such program and can always take courses from different areas.

GSC and second year students have been helpful in collecting student feedback across all courses and about professors and send us a nice spreadsheet by the end of their term. It is very useful information. Otherwise I may have to rely on quantitative/survey analysis run by the graduate school and also it is a very tedious process as I have to search one by one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the election, but it sounds like you raised a number of great points. I wanted to invite you to post your blog on a new online community I have created called MBAmarket.com. The community is brand new and I am seeking early adopters who are eager to be part of the greater online community. Registration is free and you will receive 5 free credits towards the posting of 5 classifieds. Please feel free to share the site with friends or even post a review in your blog. Have a great day.

Denny